Skip to main content

24 HOUR CRISIS SUPPORT – CALL 13 11 14

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Daily Achievements!

Been skipping a few here and there @Glisten  🌺 ..however, the acknowledgement of how challenging this can be makes me realise those moments when self care can’t be done or can’t be prioritised due to other pressing tasks, and that it’s ok to pull back a bit and give things a bit of a break, and create that space where I can take the time to gather the wherewithal to wash my hair and clean my teeth 🙂💜🌺

thank you 🤗🌺

@Former-Member  insomnia has been my biggest struggle for 3 years. I think @Jynx and @tyme knew that I would go 3 days without sleep. Emotionally wreaking, nervous system a mess.

Then I slept every second night.

Only recently I started sleeping every night 5-6 hours.

But I needed to fall asleep with something to watch, to distract my thoughts.

I saw a quote by Dr Glenn Patrick Doyle, “Stop and restart, as many times as you need to.” @scruffypuffball 

Since 15 May, I stopped and restarted my sleep needs and prioritised as much sleep as possible.

I’m currently getting 8 hours at night and a daytime nap.

My brain feels so much better for it and I now smile.

G

its 0950am here, done walk re new (again) routine, got camera and microphone on laptop set up for tuesday (when we are supposed to set it up and check it) ie not going to class this fortnight, doing online.

have eyed off oranges someone has put on out on footpath. should split some wood later. just off to shops now for a few things , yes that means chocolate ha and see how dear cat food is , but hey. also barely slept last night so probs another nap this afternoon

Laters @Former-Member @Judi9877 @RoseBlue @Glisten @Dimity 

You’re on a roll @TAB 

G

..ha yeah @Glisten  there's not much on after that lol ...

Ah well I managed to get an early night last night as working a half day today.

Going into the City this afternoon & evening though with friends.. going to have dinner & see a Comedian tonight.. can't drink a lot as driving half the way.

Plus have a lot to do tomorrow.. I still struggle with negative thoughts but doing my best to keep them at bay & stay mentally & emotionally strong.

Have a great Saturday all! X

@TAB if sleep 8 hours and smile, then do 1 other thing apart from have a shower and brush my teeth 🪥 then I have achieved something.

G

Wow @RoseBlue that is a fantastic achievement.

I hope I get to that level of daily activity.

G

I may have smiled @Glisten  still behind on the 8 hours think, even with 2 hour nap this morning lol

ok shopping done. got things needed for a change like stocked up on carb soda (for cleaning beer glasses mainly ) LOL 

cple pkts soup mix. a tonne of cat food., scratchies and easy pick ticket plus took roundabout way home to burn moisture out of engine oil re short trip; headed to rail bridges only discovered the other day.

Are you okay, or is that a dumb question ? thought you were always busy, mens shed, grandkids etc etc 

sometimes easier not to drink at allif driving ? @RoseBlue  says me. i got done a few times in my 20s ok but bit more careful last 40 years lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance